Substrate Builders Program Milestone Update September 2021
Powering the decentralized Web @ Parity Technologies
September 08, 2021 in
2 min read
This month we're excited to announce that several teams have reached critical milestones in the development of their Substrate-based blockchain projects as part of their participation in the Substrate Builders Program.
Substrate Builders Program participants have been continuously completing milestones with support from Parity Technologies as a part of building out the Substrate ecosystem. The program allows teams building Substrate-based blockchains, applications, or ecosystem components to benefit from Parity’s extensive experience and resources, thereby setting themselves up for success.
This month was highly active for teams in the Chains Track. Projects in the Builders Program are allocated to one of three tracks: the Infrastructure Track, the Chains Track, or the Application Track. Teams accepted into the Substrate Builders Program receive support from Parity on their technical and community roadmaps, outlying major milestones to achieve their goals and launch their project.
Below are the teams along with the work completed as part of achieving their builders program milestones.
The following teams have completed their first milestone since the previous update we shared. Below we have listed each team’s pre-defined achievements that they have completed.
Manta Network is building an interoperable privacy layer for the Polkadot, Kusama and Substrate ecosystems.
- Manta zkSnark DEX: one of Manta’s main objectives from the onset of their participation in the Substrate Builders Program was to complete their work on their privacy-preserving decentralized exchange. As of Milestone 1, the team at Manta Network have built this critical infrastructure to support this major part of a privacy-preserving blockchain network.
- Manta Pay: this Substrate pallet enables a decentralized anonymous payment protocol for use on the Manta Network.
- Liquidity Pool.
The following teams have completed their third milestone since the previous update we shared. Below we have listed each team’s pre-defined achievements that they have completed for this milestone.
DeeperNetwork aims to build a new web with decentralized private networks, DNS, gateway, and a DApp store.
- Deeper Chain: the decentralized privacy-preserving network as a deliverable for the team’s third milestone has been completed, making their network ready for launch. The node has been updated to the latest Substrate v3.
- ETH Bridge: Added bridge function to transfer DPR between Ethereum and Deeper-Chain.
- Testnet launch: Launched testnet with 11 nodes and hundreds of Deeper devices connected, including an updated control-plane in the device to support micropayment channel reconnection. Tests for end-to-end network functionality were also completed.
HydraDX is a cross-chain liquidity protocol using the speed and flexibility of Substrate while remaining optimized for a single purpose: enabling fluid programmable value exchange.
- Basilisk: The HydraDX team completed their work preparing for a canary network launch they call Basilisk. It includes Liquidity Bootstrapping Protocols (LBPs) for allowing projects to build strong foundations of liquidity. Also included are StableSwap and Uniswap pools.
MathChain is a Polkadot Smart Wallet chain based on Substrate.
- SecretStore: Based on Parity SecretStore from the Ethereum days, the Mathwallet team has forked the open-source repository and made it compatible with Substrate v3. MathChain now also includes SecretStore-related pallets, and has created a demo of a Smart Wallet that backs up private keys to the SecretStore.
- MathChain v0.7.0 has been updated and is due for release soon.
- MathChain block explorer released.
OriginTrail is a neutral protocol enabling trusted data sharing between companies, organizations, and blockchains.
- Starfleet Parachain: integrated with Rococo parachain testnet as beta testnet launch. Successfully produced over 350,000 blocks with multiple forkless upgrades and a successful slot extension on their staging relay chain.
- Ethereum compatibility: Starfleet parachain added the Substrate EVM pallet in order to be compatible with EVM tokens and data.
Have an idea or project built for or on Substrate? The Substrate Builders program can support your project up to launch and will continue to offer longer-term support depending on the project’s needs. Learn more and apply now.