The foundation for blockchain innovators.
Create the perfect custom blockchain for your enterprise
Parity knows blockchains. That’s why we’ve built Substrate, a technology that makes it quick and easy to build the perfect blockchain for your needs.
- — Create a blockchain with the right privacy level for your use case
- — Light- client- first design for mobile applications and IoT
- — Forkless upgrade path to keep networks together
Built on next-generation tech
Substrate builds upon the achievements from the major blockchain protocols, and uses the lessons learned to give developers the latest technology to build flexible blockchains.
- — Architected on industry-standard WebAssembly
- — Highly extensible Libp2p networking
- — Rust-based primary implementation for speed and reliability
- — Wasm WebAssembly interpreter, written in Rust
Substrate gives you possibilities
Not every blockchain is suitable for every network. With Substrate, you can mix and match features to suit your project's needs.
- — WebAssembly smart contracts
- — Multi-level permissioning
- — Encrypted transactions and state
- — Limiting to asynchronous calls optionality
- — Account-level locking
- — Governance tools and methods such as stakeholder referendums, approval voting, and qualified abstention biasing
Component technologies provided with Substrate
Here are some of the technologies bundled with Substrate. You can swap out any of these components for your own alternative.
They're building with Substrate. See more users
Launch a blockchain in minutes with Substrate
At the Web3 Summit in Berlin, Parity Technologies founder Gavin Wood demoed launching a blockchain in under 60 minutes on a brand new laptop.
Gavin Wood — EventHorizon
Rob Habermeier — Truebit's Berlin meetup
Fred Harrysson — Polkadot San Francisco meetup
"The difference between competition and cooperation is technology. That's why we engineered Polkadot and Substrate to be both neutral and general."
Dr. Gavin Wood
Founder — Parity Technologies