Create the perfect custom blockchain for your enterprise
Parity knows blockchains. That’s why we’ve built Substrate, a technology that makes it quick and easy to build the perfect blockchain for your needs.
- Create a blockchain with the right privacy level for your use case
- Light- client- first design for mobile applications and IoT
- Forkless upgrade path to keep networks together
Built on next-generation tech
Substrate builds upon the achievements from the major blockchain protocols, and uses the lessons learned to give developers the latest technology to build flexible blockchains.
- Architected on industry-standard WebAssembly
- Highly extensible Libp2p networking
- Rust-based primary implementation for speed and reliability
- Wasm WebAssembly interpreter, written in Rust
|Consensus algorithm||Hybrid PBFT/Aurand|
|Encryption||CSPRNG - “Collective coin flipping”|
|Authentication algorithm||Edwards-Curve Ed25519|
|Address format||Versioned Base-58 + Blake2b checksum|
From the blog
What is Substrate?
If you've followed any of Polkadot's development, you will probably have seen "Substrate" mentioned many times. It's an important component of the Polkadot project but information on it is very thin on the ground.Read more »
Gavin Wood — EventHorizon
Rob Habermeier — Truebit's Berlin meetup
Parity Substrate & Polkadot
Björn Wagner and Fred Harrysson — Polkadot San Francisco meetup
Join the discussion: