Substrate Builders Program Milestone Update: May 2021
Product Communication Manager @ Parity Technologies
May 12, 2021 in
2 min read
The Substrate Builders Program is an initiative by Parity to support builders in the Substrate ecosystem. The program allows teams building Substrate-based blockchains, applications, or ecosystem components to benefit from Parity’s extensive experience and resources, thereby setting themselves up for success.
There are over 50 projects that have been accepted into the Substrate Builders Program, including projects in the areas of DeFi, gaming, identity, oracles and many others. These teams receive support for technical challenges, strategy, and ecosystem building support.
Projects in the Builders Program are allocated to one of three tracks: the Infrastructure Track, the Chains Track, or the Application Track. Teams accepted into the Substrate Builders Program receive support from Parity on their technical and community roadmaps, outlying major milestones to achieve their goals and launch their project. Projects building applications, chains, and infrastructure components are guided along the way with continuous support and incentives.
This month we are excited to announce that several teams have achieved their first milestone in the recent weeks. Below are the teams along with the work completed as part of achieving the milestone.
DeeperNetwork aims to build a new web with decentralized private networks, DNS, gateway, and a DApp store.
- Implementation of a micropayments system as a Substrate FRAME pallet
- Initial build of a Substrate-based light node for DeeperNetwork for fast and decentralized user access
- Proof of credit
HydraDX is a cross-chain liquidity protocol built on Substrate.
- Finished bulletproof implementation of order matching
- Connect to Rococo and started their own cumulus test network
- Completed order matching implementation, with intention creation and intention matching
- Finished mathematical modeling of invented CFMM design
- Implemented the Benchmarking pallet and benchmarking for improved performance
MathChain is a Polkadot Smart Wallet chain based on Substrate.
- Launched the Galois testnet built on Substrate
- Implemented the Recovery pallet, with some features implemented in their web-based wallet interface
- Released the extension and browser wallets
- Released the Galois testnet block explorer with account lookup
- Implemented the Decentralized Identity pallet in MathChain runtime
- Deployed a working faucet on the Galois testnet
OriginTrail is a neutral protocol enabling trusted data sharing between companies, organizations, and blockchains.
- Substrate-based starfleet node v1.0a with EVM and Frontier pallet
- Integration and launch of OriginTrail canary network
[Unique Network](Unique Network) is a Substrate-based blockchain serving non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Weight benchmarking for improving current and future performance
- ink! 3.0 support added
- Native support for Transaction and Smart contract sponsoring
- Storage optimization and Substrate bounds
- Unique network token vesting
- Off-chain and on-chain metadata schema
- Batch minting
- Fungible token support (ERC-20)
- Enabled NPoS and configure chain for mainnet
- Set up governance model
- Set up cloud infrastructure
OnFinality is a blockchain infrastructure service focused on serving parachains in the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Completed their API service for Substrate-based networks. Milestone 1 includes support for Polkadot and Kusama. The free-for-use API service supports both HTTPS and WSS and comes with usage statistics for users
Patract is building an open Wasm smart contract platform for Polkadot.
- Launched the Jupiter testnet, a Wasm smart contract network powered by Substrate FRAME Contracts pallet
- Delivery of Ask!, a smart contract language designed based on AssemblyScript and running on Substrate FRAME Contracts
- Proposal completed for Himalia SDK, which will provide FRAME Contracts SDK supports in a multi-language environment to support WASM DApp development
- Europa v0.1 completed, a sandbox environment that runs FRAME Contracts pallet and sandbox framework for Substrate Runtimes
- First draft of PatraStore, a Polkadot.js-based DApp interface for applications built on Patract
dTrade is a decentralised trading platform for options and perpetuals contracts.
- Token contracts and insurance mining
- AMM based futures exchange
- Order book based futures exchange
- Ethereum - Edgeware bridge
Have an idea or project built for or on Substrate? The Substrate Builders program can support your project up to launch and will continue to offer longer-term support depending on the project’s needs. Learn more and apply now.